About Discovery Holiday Parks
It’s an exciting time for Discovery Parks. Since our inception in 2004 we have experienced extensive growth. We currently own and operate over 65 parks and employ over 1500 people throughout Australia. In 2018 we acquired Top Parks. Discovery Parks and Top Parks is now Australia’s largest network of holiday Parks. In addition to operating parks, we have the GDay Rewards program – offering a community of mates exclusive deals and benefits at Australia’s largest network of holiday and workstay parks.
The Discovery Parks Group is a multidimensional business with a strong strategic advantage within the accommodation sector. Our aim is to be the leading regional accommodation business in Australia.
We are seeking passionate and adaptable people that enjoy working within a high-performance team that work together to help our customers discover what matters.
About the Role
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role will have the responsibility for providing expert financial advice, with a focus on statutory reporting, accounting standards, and process improvements.
The Finance Manager will be involved in all aspects of the day to day running of the Finance Department and will contribute to the development and implementation Discovery’s accounting systems, policies and procedures. They will ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial information as well as ensuring financial processes are rigorous and efficient.
The duties and responsibilities of the Finance Manager will include but are not limited to:
- Manage the day to day operations of the finance team, including the supervision of accounts payable/receivable, fixed assets and payroll
- Complete monthly and annual consolidated financial statements
- Prepare annual Fringe Benefits Tax returns and assist external tax advisors with annual Income Tax returns
- Co-ordinate the annual external audit, including the review of all workpapers prior to being supplied to external auditors
- Complete monthly calculations and submit relevant returns for Payroll Tax and Workcover
- Review monthly Business Activity Statements and Income Tax instalments
- Contribution to the annual budgeting process and quarterly reforecasts along with subsequent presentations to Executive Managers
- Oversee month end processing, reconciliations and reporting including the preparation and/or review of employment costs and equity transactions
- System administrator for a number of banking and financial systems
- Accounting for acquisitions and disposals
- Ad-hoc financial work/projects (including continuous improvements)
Skills & Experience
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and highly motivated Finance Manager to lead the Finance team in the day-to-day financial operations of our business and support key stakeholders as a trusted Business Partner.
You will be highly organised, with the ability to assess multiple concurrent demands within an energetic environment and prioritise your workload accordingly
- Relevant Accounting/Commerce/Finance degree from an accredited university
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants or CPA
- 5 years plus (or equivalent) post graduate experience/ exposure in Professional Practice or commercial environments
- Advanced experience in accounting software systems (equivalent to SAP Business One, MicrOpay, Ento and CAAPS which are currently used by the Company)
- High level and up to date understanding of accounting and taxation issues
- Excellent relationship building, problem solving, negotiation, leadership and coaching skills.
- Proven experience in streamlining processes and system enhancements
- A competitive salary with annual bonus based on KPI’s
- Professional development and opportunities to grow personally as well as professionally
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
- Opportunity to travel to some beautiful remote locations within Australia
We are an innovative business that is significantly disrupting the domestic accommodation industry.
If you are passionate, adventurous, and ready to hit the ground running, we want to hear from you.
Discover more to life - APPLY NOW!
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. Drivers Licence essential