Nestled into the sand dunes in one of the most relaxed and breathtaking coastal locations in Australia, Discovery Rottnest island (opening March 2019) is an eco-resort with a difference. Featuring 83-tents across several service levels, the much-anticipated property brings glamping to Rottnest Island for the first time.
At the heart of the property, is Pinky’s Beach Club. The best place on the Island to watch the sunset, the Beach Club will serve locally inspired dishes and cocktails, and of course the best WA wines.
A low-impact holiday experience, Discovery Rottnest Island is where our guests can re-imagine the great Australian family holiday, disconnect from the world, enjoy freedom, space and discover what really matters.
This is the newest property in the Discovery Parks portfolio. Discovery Parks are the largest owner and operator of holiday parks in Australia, and the industry leader. We own and operate over 65 Discovery branded holiday and workforce Parks, and also own the Top Parks network of parks – taking our portfolio to in excess of 250 parks nationally. We directly employ over 1,000 people across Australia.
At the heart of Discovery Parks are happy people: happy customers and happy staff. We are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team that works together to help our customers discover what matters.
We are currently looking for 3x Chef de Partie to join their superstar team. You will be responsible for preparing delicious meals according to the menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery. This position will be part of the famous Thomsons Restaurant on the island, Thomsons offers a fresh and exciting approach to Rottnest dining.
As a well-versed Chef de Partie you will be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. You must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Your experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
Reporting to the Senior Sous Chef you will assist with setting up work stations with all the relevant ingredients and cooking equipment. You will execute meal preparation, ensure menu items are available when required, manage kitchen stocks, all whilst maintaining maximum productivity and profitability.
To be successful for this role you will hold the following:
- Cert IV Diploma in Commercial Cookery and 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in hospitality industry with particular focus on resort restaurants, motel and banquet facilities.
- Excellent communications and organisational skills
- Resilient and ability to perform in a fast paced environment
- Passion for quality and consistency with extensive food knowledge
- Flexible attitude to working hours across 5:2 roster, including weekends and public holidays
- Knowledge of current WHS regulations and Food Safety Regulations
Benefits and Culture:
- Discounted accommodation at our parks for you, your family & friends and additional discounts on products from our G’Day Rewards Partners.
- Fun, energetic and open culture within a fast growing business.
How to Apply
Discover what matters - APPLY NOW! Please visit the careers page at www.discoveryparks.com.au or via the link below. Please have your cover letter and resume together in one file ready to upload.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges.
Discover more to life - apply now!