About Discovery Holiday Parks
Nestled into the sand dunes in one of the most relaxed and breathtaking coastal locations in Australia, Discovery Parks is bringing to life Rottnest Islands first glamping experience. Featuring 83-luxury units across several service levels, a resort style pool and two restaurants and bars.
At the heart of the property, is Pinky’s Beach Club. The best place on the Island to watch the sunset, the Beach Club will serve locally inspired dishes and cocktails, and of course the best WA wines. Discovery Rottnest Island is where our guests can re-imagine the great Australian family holiday, disconnect from the world, enjoy freedom, space and discover what really matters.
This is the newest property in the Discovery Parks portfolio. Discovery Parks are the largest owner and operator of holiday parks in Australia, and the industry leader. We own and operate over 65 Discovery branded holiday and workforce Parks, and also own the Top Parks network of parks – taking our portfolio to in excess of 250 parks nationally. We directly employ over 1,000 people across Australia.
At the heart of Discovery Parks are happy people: happy customers and happy staff. We are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team that works together to help our customers discover what matters.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for growing and developing the dining, conference and private events at Discovery’s two dining outlets on Rottnest Island; Pinkys Beach Club and Thomson’s Restaurant. The successful candidate will understand the local market, creating and delivering attractive event packages and cementing both businesses at the heart of corporate events within Perth and surrounding areas.
- To directly assist the General Manager in the achievement of annual business plans, through the development and delivery of casual dining, events and group led business
- To grow the hospitality and catering business by generating corporate & private event sales and increase casual dining traffic across both venues
- Develop dining concepts with the Discovery Rottnest team to improve visitation, grow revenue and create a positive guest sentiment
- To ensure the profitability of individual events by creating mini P&L’s for them, in agreement with the General Manager
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have proven skills including the following:
- Highly desirable to have completed a qualification in Event Management
- Experience of working in a venue running large scale events
- Experience of working with clients to facilitate large conferences
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience of staff management/supervision
- Flexible approach to duties and working hours
This position is based in both our Discovery Parks Perth Airport location and Rottnest Island Resort. Frequent travel to and overnight stays at Rottnest Island is a key requirement for this role.
- Professional development and opportunities to grow personally as well as professionally
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends through G'Day Reward
- Discounted products and services from our G’Day Rewards Partners
If you are passionate, adventurous, and ready to hit the ground running, we want to hear from you.
Discover more to life - APPLY NOW!
No agencies please
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. Drivers Licence essential