- Are you a Leader?
Do you want to influence positive change and drive park growth?
Are you passionate about driving revenue and guest experience?
This is a full time, permanent position, only 30 minutes from the Melbourne CBD
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lsH3BV2fHME" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Discovery Parks is Australia's largest owner operator of holiday and accommodation parks located in more than 65 of Australia's most beautiful locations. Our vision is to become the best accommodation provider in Australia!
We are focused on innovation, high quality service and offering guests a “best in class experience”. We believe when people, place and process are in balance we achieve Happy People.
Due to business growth and operational change at our Melbourne property, we are looking for a strong leader with a demonstrated background of planning, implementing and achieving strategic outcomes. The right person has a customer-centric and hands-on approach, with demonstrated experience in managing a resort or hotel-based business.
You will be dedicated, driven, and able to ensure the delivery of exceptional guest service whilst achieving revenue targets and guiding the day to day work and development of a dedicated team. Most importantly, you will bring with you a passion for the holiday park lifestyle in a city location!
We are looking for somebody able to prioritise their own workload to achieve daily outcomes whilst also understanding the big picture. You will bring to the role:
- Management of front office customer service team, ensuring high standards are maintained
- Under the direction of the Regional Manager and with support of the marketing team, proactively plan and implement sales and marketing activities in line with customer needs
- Financial management (formulating, assessing and delivering budgets/financial data)
- Ongoing reporting on financial and operation progress, including the debtor management
- Management and leadership of a diverse park team including administration, housekeeping, grounds and maintenance
- B2B and B2C + Local Area Marketing
- Lead by example ensuring efficient management practices are employed, maintaining compliance with safety, statutory and brand standards
- Contribute to developing initiatives to drive occupancy in the short to medium term
- Night patrols and after hours call-outs
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Management experience in the daily operation of a resort or hotel-based business, with strengths in financial and business management will set you up for success. Other key skills include:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to see trends in data and provide insights into improvements
- Understanding of contemporary sales and marketing principles and practices
- Proficiency in social media platforms, CMS and Microsoft suite
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring, coaching and developing staff
- C-class (manual) drivers licence is essential
- Experience in conducting business development activities and brand promotion is desirable
- Tertiary or post-graduate qualifications in tourism, business, marketing, hospitality or similar disciplines is highly advantageous
We offer a salary package that provides participation in a generous manager incentive (bonus) scheme and additional employee benefits.
How to Apply
Discovery what matters - APPLY NOW! Visit the careers page at www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au or via the link below.
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police and Working With Children Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges.