About Discovery Holiday Parks
Nestled into the sand dunes in one of the most relaxed and breathtaking coastal locations in Australia, Discovery Parks is bringing to life Rottnest Islands first glamping experience. Featuring 83-luxury units across several service levels, a resort style pool and two restaurants and bars.
At the heart of the property, is Pinky’s Beach Club. The best place on the Island to watch the sunset, the Beach Club will serve locally inspired dishes and cocktails, and of course the best WA wines.
Discovery Rottnest Island is where our guests can re-imagine the great Australian family holiday, disconnect from the world, enjoy freedom, space and discover what really matters.
This is the newest property in the Discovery Parks portfolio. Discovery Parks are the largest owner and operator of holiday parks in Australia, and the industry leader. We own and operate over 65 Discovery branded holiday and workforce Parks, and also own the Top Parks network of parks – taking our portfolio to in excess of 250 parks nationally. We directly employ over 1,000 people across Australia.
At the heart of Discovery Parks are happy people: happy customers and happy staff. We are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team that works together to help our customers discover what matters.
About the Role
A very exciting role for a highly experienced food and beverage executive.
- Working closely with the Executive Chef, the F&B & Events Manager will have the opportunity to design two high profile iconic food businesses.
- Based on the stunning natural setting of Rottnest Island, the successful candidate will not only effectively utilise local produce, fantastic local suppliers and team to compliment the beautiful island experience
- Design an operations system that maximises customer experience and is highly profitable during peak season summer and winter.
- Under the management of the F&B Manager, with the support of the Executive Chef systemise both food offers through excellent leadership, recruitment decisions, consistent process and engaging cultural design.
- With the offers running smoothly, the F&B Manager will then focus on creating and executing unique signature events for corporate WA customers and Rottnest Guests.
- A career defining role, the F&B Manager will have the support of the G’Day Group head office and a highly experienced management team to make their mark in Australia and internationally.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will have proven skills including the following:
- Commercial vision to create two highly appealing and complimentary offers that are both customer centric and cost effective in both high and low seasons.
- A data led multi-site operator with a proven track record in using corporate systems and creating bespoke site processes and systems to maximise the success of the offer in the context of the
- Ability to effectively manage supply chain in a remote location including supplier contract negotiations.
- Ability to be hands on in creating the appropriate offer and systemise it. Including training and overseeing the operation, recruiting managers and team members ensuring consistent processes across customer experience and operations.
- Areas of experience will need to include recipe formulation, sales forecasting, cost of goods management, labour planning, designing and implementing consistent point of sale procedures, analysing and responding to reporting and effective open and close processes.
- The highest food safety standards and the ability to systemise processes to train new and casual staff so adherence is cultural.
This is a live on the island role that offers a competitive salary package.
- Professional development and opportunities to grow personally as well as professionally
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends
- Discounted products and services from our G’Day Rewards Partners
If you are passionate, adventurous, and ready to hit the ground running, we want to hear from you.
Discover more to life - APPLY NOW!
No agencies please
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. Drivers Licence essential