About Discovery Holiday Parks
Nestled into the sand dunes in one of the most relaxed and breathtaking coastal locations in Australia, Discovery Parks is bringing to life Rottnest Islands first glamping experience. Featuring 83-luxury units across several service levels, a resort style pool and two restaurants and bars.
At the heart of the property, is Pinky’s Beach Club. The best place on the Island to watch the sunset, the Beach Club will serve locally inspired dishes and cocktails, and of course the best WA wines.
Discovery Rottnest Island is where our guests can re-imagine the great Australian family holiday, disconnect from the world, enjoy freedom, space and discover what really matters.
This is the newest property in the Discovery Parks portfolio. Discovery Parks are the largest owner and operator of holiday parks in Australia, and the industry leader. We own and operate over 65 Discovery branded holiday and workforce Parks, and also own the Top Parks network of parks – taking our portfolio to in excess of 250 parks nationally. We directly employ over 1,000 people across Australia.
At the heart of Discovery Parks are happy people: happy customers and happy staff. We are building a passionate, adaptable, high performance team that works together to help our customers discover what matters.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer this role will be responsible for managing the people, financial and strategic operations of the site including; accommodation, Pinky’s Beach Club and Thompsons Restaurant.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- People Management – maintain communication strategies, work with department heads to recruit and performance manage if required, recognise individual skills and development areas, provide leadership to all teams
- Customer Focus/Management- ensure high levels of customer service are maintained
- Operational Management – accountable for the day to day running of the resort, ensure efficiencies of all departments, maintain satisfactory room occupancy, provide support arranging and executing functions and events
- Strategic Management – ensure all departments are compliant with “Best Practice” including food and beverage hygiene systems and OHS procedures. Manage the sales mix and report on sales trends
- Financial Management – support and maintain labour reporting functions, ensure correct pricing to maintain maximum gross profit, identify cost saving opportunities, compile and submit monthly management reports
Skills & Experience
You will possess strong business acumen, budgeting, forecasting, project management and report writing.
Proven experience in leading, mentoring and coaching teams to achieve ongoing success, whilst maintaining a high level of maturity, organisation, accuracy and reliability and self-motivation is crucial. A can-do attitude is a must as is a high level of resilience and the ability to work under pressure with a committed and energetic approach to every task.
Being adaptable, flexible and having a great sense of humour is so important as you build and manage your team as they will look up to you for ongoing enthusiasm, loyalty, energy and a happy and positive outlook.
This is a live on the island role that offers a competitive salary package.
- Professional development and opportunities to grow personally as well as professionally
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends
- Discounted products and services from our G’Day Rewards Partners
If you are passionate, adventurous, and ready to hit the ground running, we want to hear from you.
Discover more to life - APPLY NOW!
No agencies please
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. Drivers Licence essential