About Discovery Holiday Parks
It’s an exciting time for Discovery Parks. Since our inception in 2004 we have experienced extensive growth. We currently own and operate over 65 parks and employ over 1500 people throughout Australia. In 2018 we acquired Top Parks. Discovery Parks and Top Parks is now Australia’s largest network of holiday Parks. In addition to operating parks, we have the GDay Rewards program – offering a community of mates exclusive deals and benefits at Australia’s largest network of holiday and work stay parks.
Discovery Parks is a multidimensional business with a strong strategic advantage within the accommodation sector. Our aim is to be the leading regional accommodation business in Australia.
We are seeking passionate and adaptable people that enjoy working within a high-performance team that work together to help our customers discover what matters.
About the Role
This position is responsible for communicating the best of Discovery Parks defined target audience to ensure growth in holidays and expenditure within our parks. A major part of the role is to influence the travel market to help the parks win a larger share of the tourism dollar from other accommodation suppliers and tourism experiences. The role is responsible for four key areas being Consumer Communications, Insights and Brand Management, Digital Marketing Strategy and Revenue Management.
- Prepare and implement strategic marketing and communications plan for the Discovery Group
- Continuously review existing methods of marketing communication and identify opportunities for improving effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of marketing systems and activities
- Management of creative services agency, media agency and digital agency relationships, including contract management, financial management, team management and the requisite outputs of media, creative and strategic planning
- Add value to the marketing of Discovery Parks as holiday destinations through the planning and management of strategic and tactical marketing campaigns with tourism and allied industry and local Government partners
- Undertake analysis and interpretation of tracked data based on requirements of the Discovery Parks
- Responsible for the effective management of the group’s annual budget: forecasting, reconciling and tracking
- Advise, brief and make recommendations to the Executive and Board on opportunities and issues related to the management of the Discovery's Brands and consumer marketing generally
- Support the operations and wider marketing team on the development of distribution strategy for the Discovery Brands
Skills & Experience
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer you will be Tertiary qualified in Management, Marketing or a Business related discipline, you will contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation in the delivery of the Discovery Parks business plan, strategic and operational planning, whilst providing inspirational leadership to the broader marketing team.
Your proven competences will include:
- Outstanding knowledge of marketing practices within traditional and emerging environments and markets, particularly those relating to conversion of consumer products
- Sound understanding of the travel trade distribution network and the travel and tourism industry regionally, nationally and internationally
- Knowledge of the digital environment and technologies that can enhance our online presence
- Understanding of corporate governance including planning, budgeting, reporting, risk management, procurement and contract management
- Proven strategic and business planning skills with demonstrated ability to translate into action plans with measurable outcomes
- Proven ability to effectively manage all financial and commercial aspects of a business while maximising use of resources within budget constraints.
- Effective organisation, time management and customer service skills.
- Proven management, leadership and communication skills, including people
- A competitive salary with annual bonus based on KPI’s
- Professional development and opportunities to grow personally as well as professionally
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners
- Opportunity to travel to some beautiful remote locations within Australia
We are an innovative business that is significantly disrupting the domestic accommodation industry.
If you are passionate, adventurous, and ready to hit the ground running, we want to hear from you.
Discover more to life - APPLY NOW!
No Agencies Please
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges. Drivers Licence essential